Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

What's a Polaroid Picture?

Hey, Friends!  What's cooler than bein' cool?
Hiya, Friends!  Well, the other day, I was listening to some oldies from way before I was born.  I was listening to music from ... I don't know.  Ought-One, maybe Ought-Two.

One song I heard was really catchy.  I liked it.  It's chorus went "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeyayayayay- YA!" and it really made me tap my feet and shimmy and shake.  I love to shimmy and shake!

But some of the words troubled me.  Not in a "viewer discretion advised" kinda way, but in a way that I don't know what those boys were talking about kinda way.  The words were "Shake it like a Polaroid Picture!"

Now, I wanted to do what they said and shake it like a Polaroid Picture, but it occurred to me that I don't know what a Polaroid Picture is to begin with, so I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to shake it, to be like a Polaroid Picture. 

Can you appreciate my predicament, Big People?  Can you?

Now, Mommy tried to explain to me what this Polaroid Picture business was all about, and I just couldn't believe my ears.  I think she was pullin' my leg.  She said that there usedta be this camera that was called a Polaroid camera, and it had a flash cube up on top, and you'd put film in it, and when you'd take your picture, the flash cube would pop and a square picture would come out of the camera, just like that, and you'd hafta peel off a piece of it and shake the picture to get the picture to develop.

Now, I know the words coming out of Mommy's mouth were Big People English, and I recognized them, but they didn't make sense to me.  Flash cube?  Film?  Develop?  What?

Furthermore, you'd get four pops out of that flash-cube, and then you'd hafta buy a new one, and when you ran out of the magic shaking-developing film, you'd hafta buy more.  But in the end, you'd have a picture in your hands.

I thought maybe she meant that the flash cube would somehow send the pictures to your computer, and then Snapfish would send ya your pictures, and you'd get so excited that you'd shake 'em, but that's not the way it worked at all!  The camera itself would spit out your picture, right there!  It was "Instant!"  But you didn't know what your picture looked like until after it came out of the camera and used up one of your film squares.

How about that?!

Why, ice-cold, I suppose!
I like the idea of instant pictures to hold in my hands.  I love pictures!  But I don't know about not having veto power before the camera spits out the picture!  I like to pre-view the pictures Mommy takes of me, just to make sure I don't have anything on my face like a boog or a weird look.  I mean, nothing's worse than having your picture taken and finding out after the fact that you had a situation going on on your face, and there's the picture.  I sure like the "delete" button on the back of Mommy's camera.  Just make those pictures that don't make me look very good disappear.  They never happened.

From the sounds of it, Polaroid Pictures didn't give you that option! 

It all sounds pretty crazy to me, Friends, all this with the Polaroid Pictures.  You Big People can be kind of precious, hahaha.  I love ya just the same, though!

Now, shake it like a Polaroid Picture, Friends!  It's good for the soul!

Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment