Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Simply Having A Wonderful Summertime!

The makers of Summertime deserve a major award!
Friends, I don't know who invented this wonderful season named Summertime, but I'd like to give 'im a hug and buy 'im a milkshake.  A big chocolate one, with malt in it!  And whipped cream up on top!  Yeah!

You see, I like all the seasons, but I hafta say I think summertime's pretty great.  It's nice'n'warm.  I can play on the porch.  I get bubbles.  Bubbles don't work very well outside in the wintertime, I guess. 

Although, wouldn't it be cool if it was so cold, when you blew a bubble, it froze right in the air like that?  I think that would be pretty neato!

But I won't talk about freezing temperatures right now, because it's Summertime!  I know how much you Big People hate hearing about winter when it's summer.  Point.  Taken.

No, not the Leg Lamp. Something less fra-geeel-ay.
Wait.  What if I wanted to talk about all kinds of freezy things that are fun in the summertime?  For instance, that milkshake I mentioned earlier.  You can't have milkshakes without ice cream, and you can't have ice cream without freezing.  And popsicles!  Without freezing, a popsicle's just water on a stick, which is to say there's no such thing.  Have you ever tried to get plain water to stick to a stick?  It doesn't work!

Roasted marshmallows.  I just love 'em.  They're not frozen.  And some of my friends over on the Facebook gave me all kinds of ideas for how to make s'mores more fun, if you can believe it, like using a peanut butter cup instead of a regular chocolate bar.  With the Fourth of July coming up, I think I'm gonna have the chance to have all kinds of different s'mores recipes!  I can't wait!

So I'm gonna admit it.  I'm simply having a wonderful summertime!  How about that, Friends?!  I hope you are, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment