Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

One Second He Was Daddy, The Next, He was SCARY!

Went to the dentist yesterday and got scared!
Friends, yesterday, I had the weirdest experience!  See, I went with Mommy to her routine dentist appointment.  She was just having a cleaning!  Well, while she was busy getting her teeth cleaned, I got to play.  I hung out at the front desk, and I went into the toy room, and wandered around the waiting room like a Real Big Cheese.

Then, don't you know, that Mommy put ME in the dentist's chair.  Now, this wasn't my first time, sitting in the dentist's chair.  When we're at Daddy's office for whatever reason, Mommy will stick me in the chair and let me ride in it, and it's fun!

Wish I'd 'a' had Spidey Sense yesterday!
Yesterday, things were Different.

Yesterday, Mommy stuck me in the chair she'd been sitting in, and everybody was all around me.  I know everybody at Daddy's office!  I LIKE everybody at Daddy's office!  But this time at Daddy's office felt different.  Weird!  Daddy put the chair up high and leaned it back- with me in it!  And one second, he was Daddy, like I know Daddy, and the next, he had on gloves, and a mask, and he was SCARY! 

I have another tooth?  THAT's not news to me!
And to add to all that, he turned on the light, and it was bright, and it scared me, and I started crying.  I was ashamed of myself, but I couldn't stop myself.  I just humped up and bawled. 

Rozzie says she'll protect me next time!
Mommy jumped into the chair with me, and held onto me, but she didn't make Daddy turn off the light or take off his mask, so I was still kind of scared, only now I was scared and sitting on Mommy's lap.  Daddy looked into my mouth, and used a mirror, and said I'm getting a new tooth, a canine, and all I could think was "Well, duh, I coulda toldjya I was gettin' a new tooth!"  But all's I could SAY was 'WAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAH!'

I'm not really proud of myself.  Mommy said she was proud of me, and I got an orange toothbrush to bring home.  I love my orange toothbrush!  But I'm a little embarrassed about crying in front of everybody that works at Daddy's.  I'm a little embarrassed that I got so scared of my own Daddy.  I know him, for Pete's sake!  I love my Daddy!  I know he wasn't gonna hurt me! 

I lived through my first dentist visit!  All's well that ends well!
At least I got to go out to lunch with Daddy and some of the ladies that work with him.  They got to see I'm not histrionic, at least not any more than other kids my age.  It was fun.  I can even forgive my Daddy for scaring me with his mask and gloves.

If I wanna be a dentist someday, and I'm not saying I do, and I'm not saying I don't, I'd like to come up with a way not to scare little kids like me when they come to see me.  Maybe I can put smiley-face stickers on my mask?  I don't know.  But I'm definitely going to think on it!

 In the meantime, I'm just glad my visit to Daddy the Dentist was a short one. Friends, my Daddy's really nice, but I understand now, that mask is scary!  Be strong, Friends! Be strong!



No comments:

Post a Comment