Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

When Life Gives Ya Leaks...

Friends, I might as well accept it. I sprung a leak today.
Hiya, Friends!  Well, the other day, something unfortunate happened.  Now, I could be all self-conscious about it and embarrassed, or I can just accept it for what it is, learn from it, and move on.  See, what happened is this: I was riding in the car, in my carseat, and had a Pampers malfunction.  Not a gross one.  A watery malfunction.  You could call it a 'leak.'  It was like a water balloon popped. 

Now, it was raining mostly the other day, so probably nobody woulda noticed, but Mommy said she wasn't going to have me going around, soaking wet, so she stopped into Target and bought me a new outfit.

I'm kind of glad she did, because it WAS uncomfortable, going around in a wet dress, and besides, my new outfit's pretty cute!  See the pictures of me? 

Got my very first denim jacket, and a little romper that makes me feel like a supermodel in it!  The BabyLegs were the ones I left the house in, and the same socks and shoes, of course.  That's what made the leak I sprung so weird, that my top and dress got all wet, but my BabyLegs stayed bone-dry, but I assign responsibility for that to my carseat.

Thank goodness for my Piddle Pad.  It made an otherwise dramatic situation a little bit less dramatic.  And like I said, I betchya everybody's been in that situation once or twice or a few times in their lives.  Nothing to get all embarrassed about.  Nothing I could do about it, and Target was right there for me to get a new outfit from, and we're all as good as new.

I bet it happens to everybody, sometimes!
It just got me thinking about all the other times when things seem like they've gone wrong, but they're not really all that bad.  Like a coupla weeks ago, when the electricity went out for hours.  It was out, and out, and out, and suppertime came, so Mommy and Daddy took me to the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville, and I found out I like sauerkraut!

I suppose that might be a bad example, because what if the electricity went out, and you didn't have a place like Downtown Wellsville close by, that still had electricity.  Then the power going off would be an awful thing.

Or, I guess, if I'd sprung a leak, and we hadn't have been right next door to the Target, or another store where there are cute clothes for kids of my size.  Then I guess I woulda had to stay in my wet clothes, or hope Mommy remembered to pack me a back-up outfit. 

Darn it. 

Well, here it goes again, Big People.  I was gonna say 'When life gives ya leaks, ya get new clothes!' but now that I've thought it through, I guess I ought to amend it to 'When life gives ya leaks, and your Mommy didn't pack you a back-up outfit, and you happen to be right near a store that sells clothes in your size, then ya get new clothes!'
At least there was a Target nearby!

That just isn't as snappy as my initial crack at truism-coining.  And I probably can't, in all good conscience, call the first one a 'truism' if it isn't all the way true, can I?  Sheesh.

Well, Friends, that's a bummer.  I'm going to think about how lucky I am that it worked out for me that I sprung a leak right by a Target store, and that they had new clothes in my size.  What I probably ought to do now is set aside an outfit for Mommy to keep in the car for me, in case this ever happens again to me.  That's probably the responsible thing to do.

Maybe my truism I'm gonna quote today is this: "Real smart people make their own luck [and pack an extra outfit or two!]"  Yeah, that's the route I'm gonna go.  All right Big People!  I love ya!  Muah!


No comments:

Post a Comment