Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's Daylight, and I Don't Wanna Go To Bed!

Summertime's brought me a problem.
Friends, don't get me wrong.  I'm not complainin'.  I love summertime.  I really do.  But with summertime, I've found a whole new nest of troubles.

You see, Mommy thinks I ought to go to bed while it's still daylight out!  That just isn't right!  In the wintertime and the fall, and most of the springtime, I go to bed peacefully, because it gets dark pretty early, but here in the summertime, Mommy claims that she's trying to send me to bed at the same time she did during those other seasons, but I don't believe her.

For me, I go by where the sun is in the sky, not by what the clock says, and as long as I can see the light outside my window, it's not bedtime, it's an unsanctioned Second Nap of the Day, Only It's Later Than The First Nap I Took and Didn't Wanna.  That's a mouthful to say! 

Think about it, Friends!  Would YOU wanna be sent to bed while there's still light outside your window?  Something tells me "no."
It's still light out, and I'm not tired!

Now, with the Nap Truce of February 2013, I agreed to peacefully go for my nap most days.  One nap.  I consider a nap to be any sleeping done while it's light outside.  I don't care if the clock says it's 8:00 or 8:30 PM.  If it's still daylight outside, it's considered another nap and therefore out of the reach of the Nap Truce of February 2013.

Does that make sense, Big People?  See why I get all bent outta shape?

Now, one night last week, Daddy didn't get home from the dentist's office until 10:30, and Mommy let me stay up almost until he came home.  It was dark outside by then, and I DID feel tired.  But you know what?  I slept right through the night and got up at my usual time, not any worse for wear for having stayed up.  Proved that know-it-all Mommy wrong!  Yes I did!

So sending me to bed while it's still light out is unnecessary.

If I act nonchalant, they won't notice I'm a kid.
 What I'm trying to do is prove to Mommy that it's unconstitutional to send me to bed before it gets dark out.  By doing so, she's interfering with my "pursuit of happiness."  I might be little, but I'm still a United States Citizen, and I demand my rights to be respected!

Friends, do you think that if I obtained a copy of the Constitution of the United States of America and showed it to her and said "The Power of the Constitution of the United States Compels You!" do you think she'd realize the error of her ways and let me stay up until it gets dark, here in the summertime? 

I guess if it doesn't work, though, I can take a coupla books to bed and read by the light that's still coming in through my window.  I'm always telling people to make the best of things, and I guess maybe I'd better take a look at my circumstances and make the best of them, too.  It's only fair.  Gotta walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

Well, Big People, I'll figure this out, either a way to end the nonsense of making me go to bed before it's dark out, or a way to make the best of it. 

In the meantime, I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment