Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

The Cow in the Dairy Department

Wha-a-a-at? There's a cow in the dairy department!
Hiya, Friends!  I had the most curious experience a few days ago, when I was at Aunt Colleen's.  It was just crazy.  See, I'd just been at Handel's for ice cream, and we had to run over to the dang ol' Market District to get me some milk and bananas afterward.

At first, it was all blah-blah-blah, Produce Department, blah-blah-blah Bulk Candy, whatever.  And there it was.  The Dairy Department.  There was something there that made me sit right up in that shopping cart and take notice. 

It was a cow!  Standing on top of a display of cheese and butter and flavored iced tea. ... The flavored iced tea's place in the display still puzzles me, but that's besides the point that THERE WAS A WHOLE COW STANDING ON TOP OF THE DISPLAY, right there in the store!
I gotta tell ya, Ms. Moo, I love your work! Love it lots!

At first, I thought that was really weird that there was a cow standing up on the display of cheese and butter and such, but then I decided it made lotsa sense.  I think it's great.  You know why?  I love milk.  I love cheese.  Ummmmm, I haven't had much in the way of butter, but I bet I'd like it.

And how often do I get to tell a cow I admire their work?  No, really.  How often?  I mean, I see cows out in the field across the road from my house, but when I see 'em, I get all tongue-tied.  I get all nervous.  But that cow in the Dairy Department at Market District... well, she was very approachable.  I was a little bit star-struck, but I got to tell her I'm a big fan of her work.

Woulda given 'er a big ol' hug if she hadn't been up so high. 

And let's face it.  A meeting with a cow in the dairy department is a lot less awkward than meeting a Black Angus over in Meats woulda been.  Am I right, Big People?

No comments:

Post a Comment