Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Update On My Disco Ball

Dancin's more fun with my disco ball!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's been a little over a week since I got a colorful spinning light that's branded itself a "disco ball."  Now, when I think of "disco ball," I think of a mirrored ball that hangs from the ceiling and spins and reflects light from another light shining on it, much like the moon.

You DO know that the moon doesn't really give off light of its own, but it hangs there in the sky, reflecting the light from the sun, right Big People?  I think that's something you learn in grade school, right after learning the moon isn't really made out of Camembert or Roquefort cheese.  I realize that my knowledge of this makes me ahead of the game a little bit, Friends, but I'll tell ya what, I'm sadder for being all the wiser.  I thought it'd be really neat if the moon were made of Camembert or Roquefort cheese.  Even a nice ripe Gorgonzola.  But no, the moon's just moon, and it just reflects the sun's light.

How'd I get to talking about cheese, anyway? ... Oh, yeah.  My disco ball!

What's that? ... Did I get a pet lobster, too?
Now, the disco ball that I got from the Lowe's last week when I was visiting Pittsburgh isn't mirrored, it doesn't hang from the ceiling, and it doesn't reflect other lights' light.  It brings its own to the party, and what a party it is!

You see, it's a black ball, the size of a volleyball, but it sits on a base, and it has all kindsa colored lenses all over it.  When ya turn it on, it spins around and around.  I suppose you could say it spins itself right 'round, right 'round, like a record, Baby, right 'round-'round-'round-'round, except instead of like a record, it goes around and around like a neat light, because that's what it is.

And while it's spinning around, the lightbulb inside shines through those lenses, and puts the lights around the room.  It's really quite extraordinary, especially at night.

No, no pet Lerbert the Lobster.  Not yet!
Now, I bet you're wondering if I save my disco ball light for special occasions or if I use it every day, and I'll tell ya.  I use it every day.  I had Mommy put it in our living room.  It really classes up the joint.  And during the day, when I'm in the living room, you can bet that disco ball is turned on and lit up!

I tried to talk Mommy in to carrying the disco ball up to my bedroom when I go up for bedtime or naps, but she said that's ridiculous, and I needed to choose where I wanted my disco ball to be located.

On one hand, it woulda been more fun to have it in my bedroom, because it's dark in there, and I'm in there when it's dark, so the lights would show up better on the walls.  But I'm in the living room more, and when I'm in the living room, I'm awake.

What it came down to was I wanted to be around my disco ball when I was awake to enjoy it. 

...But check out my cool purple nose!
Plus, like I said, it really classes up our living room.  I really don't know why Mommy and Daddy didn't have a disco ball long before I came along.  I really don't!  They could have had a classy house for YEARS now! 

Oh, well.  As long as they have a classed-up place now.  That's all that matters to me!  Can't do anything about the past, but I can change the present for the better, and the disco ball makes the present better!  You bet!
If you've been following along for any amount of time, you might remember that I wanted a disco ball so I could throw house parties and have people pay money to come to my party, so I could earn and save up enough money for a fish tank set-up, so I could go to the Red Lobster and adopt a lobster out of their tank and bring it home.  I'd name my pet lobser Lerbert.

I'm still holding out the hope that someday, I'll be able to purchase that fish tank, and adopt Lerbert the Lobster. Mommy says it's impossible, because she and Daddy are deathly allergic to lobster dander, so if we
had a lobster in our house, Mommy and Daddy would be really sick.  I think that's just terrible.  Being deathly allergic to lobster dander.  I hope I didn't inherit that allergy! 

And at least I got a disco ball!
You know, I'll hafta look it up on the World Wide Web, Friends, this lobster dander allergy!  Maybe I can find some information Mommy can take up to her allergist one of these days.  You know?  Maybe he has just the prescription medication to help with a lobster dander allergy.  That'd be great!  It'd be great for two reasons: first, I'd be able to adopt a pet lobster and name him Lerbert, and second, I would have helped Mommy and Daddy with a debilitating allergy.  Lobster dander.  My goodness!

Finding information.  Helping people.  Adopting lobsters and namin' them Lerbert.  It's what I'm all about, Friends! 

That, and dancin' with my disco ball!

 I love ya, Friends!  Muah!



No comments:

Post a Comment