Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Catchy-Can Kinda Day!

Hi, Cruise-boat Friends! It's your greeter, ME, ZOE!
Hiya, Big People!  I know I've talked about Catchy-Can over on the Facebook before, but I can't remember if I've mentioned it here on my blog.  What it is, anyway, is a day that reminds me of the weather in Ketchikan, Alaska, or as I say it, Catchy-Can! 

I've never been to Catchy-Can or Alaska in person, but my family has, and I also read all about it on the Internet, and the weather in the summertime in Catchy-Can, Alaska is cool, and cloudy, and misty, which is just the kind of weather we've been having around my place the last few days.  If you live near me, you probably know just what I'm talking about!  If not, and you live in another kind of climate, won't you leave a comment and tell me what the weather's like where you live?

Or.  If you're reading this and you're actually FROM Catchy-Can or somewhere in Alaska, that would be just the coolest thing ever if you dropped your pal Zoe a line and gave everybody a real-time report on the weather in your area right now! 
When it's chilly and misty, you gotta dance!

Weather just fascinates me!

So anyway, about our Catchy-Can weather.  I really don't mind it, as long as I didn't plan on going out in my Mushroom Pool the days it's like Catchy-Can outside.  I pretend that I'm in Alaska, and that I'm greeting the cruise ships that stop in Catchy-Can to let the people off the boats to buy stuff and then go to the next port on the cruise.

I don't pretend that I'm ON one of the cruise-ships, because I think after a while, stopping at all the ports and buying things would start to add up, and I'd run out of my imaginary money.  And also, my imaginary stateroom would be all filled up with souvenirs and stuff.  So it's better that I pretend I greet the people coming off the imaginary cruise ships.

I pretend that the road outside my house is where the cruise ships pull up, and that the cars going by are cruise ships.  I wave to them.  On a rainy day when traffic's slow, I just pretend that the township building is a big ship, and that all the people on board are off on excursions.  It takes imagining in the summertime, but the hill outside my house can be a glacier that people go to! 

And don't forget to buy stuff!
What I really wish that wasn't just my imagination is the food.  I hear cruise ship food is just wonderful, and I hear that the restaurants in the towns where the cruise-ships stop is just wonderful, too.  I could use a change of scenery for my mouth, in person, not just in my imagination.  You know what I'm saying, Friends? 

Anyway, in my imaginary job as Official Cruise-Boat Greeter for the Imaginary Ports of Alaska, Especially Catchy-Can Because That's My Favorite To Say (you should SEE my nametag, with all that on it!), one of my chief things is to remind people to visit and buy things at the shops and stores and restaurants and other establishments in town while their cruise-boat is here.  If people don't buy things, I can lose my imaginary job!  Woah!

So if you're in my Catchy-Can town today, Friends, please remember to exit through the gift shop!  Tell 'em Zoe sentchya!

Hahaha!  I love ya, Friends!  I really do!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment