Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pop N. Fresh and Me

This is me with Pop on a recent visit to Gramma's.
Friends, have you ever met the Pillsbury Doughboy?  His formal name is Pop N. Fresh, and as it turns out, he lives at my Gramma's house, right the heck on her very kitchen counter!  How about that?!

Well, back when I was a little kid, Pop N. Fresh and I had a lot in common.  People like to poke Pop in the belly to make him say 'heheeeeee!' and they also liked to tickle me in the belly to make me say 'heheeeee!' and you know what?  Neither one of us liked it much.

Well, actually, we don't mind, neither one of us, but it's the whole idea of having our personal space invaded by poky fingers and pinchy fingers that would get us all upset.

So Pop and I became fast friends one February night, when I was just a baby, when I helped him fend off a tickling pincher!  I used my Fabulous Feet of Fury and kicked and kicked and kicked until our would-be assailant just gave up and went and did something else, instead of bugging me and Pop.

This is us, the night we became fast friends! See my feet?
It was a watershed moment in both our lives.  For Pop, he realized that he didn't hafta let people poke him in the belly and make him laugh, just because he's cute and has a round little belly and big cheeks.  For me, I realized that, too, but I also realized that I have the means to defend myself if I need to!  I don't hafta be tickled if I don't wanna be!  All's I gotta do is kick my Fabulous Feet of Fury!

On a recent visit to Gramma's house, I took some time to sit and talk with my friend Pop N. Fresh.  I asked him if people are still poking him in the belly against his will, and he said they're not, because when they start, he says 'No! I am a doughboy with feelings and I ask you to observe a Cone of Respect around me and kindly keep your fingers to yourself!'

He says it's cut down dramatically on the number of times he gets tickle-attacked, so that's good.  I'm glad that works for him. 

I just love Pop N. Fresh!  We're gonna be friends forever!
As for me, I still work my Fabulous Feet of Fury.  I wear soxieshooz now, but that doesn't mean my feet are any less fabulous or any less furious.  I think it makes my feet more of both.  And to be sure, I work 'em a little bit every day, practicing my kicking.  Some people practice karate, some people practice judo, tae kwon do, or ken-po.  I practice what I like to call the Pop-n-Fresh method of self defense.  I named my style in honor of my friend Pop N. Fresh, since he's the one who inspired me to become empowered in the first place.

That's a really good friend, right there, Friends.  A friend that inspires.  And also a friend who bakes me nice things to eat like Crescent Rolls and cookies with little designs right in the middle of the dough.

He-heeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment