Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

North Telephone Pole

Who's callin' me?  It's a number with an Arctic Area Code!
Hiya, Friends!  You know what I like?  I like it when my friend Santa Claus surprises me with a surprise telephone call.  It's really exciting when the phone rings, because it's a magic telephone, and the number that comes up on the ID window has an Arctic Circle Area Code, but that's not all.

When Santa Claus calls me on the phone, he can send nice and cold North Pole air through the telephone here in the hot summer.  That air smells like peppermint and makes my face nice and cool and makes the end of my nose all frosty!  It's just the ticket on a hot day!

In the wintertime, when Santa Claus calls me on the magic telephone, he can send the warm from his fireplace, and I feel like I'm sitting in front of it with him, drinking hot cocoa!
Well, hell-ooooo, Santa Claus!

But I won't talk about the hot cocoa right now, Friends.  We're in the hot part of the year, when Santa Claus calls me up when he's taking a break from the shop, and he sends me some nice arctic air, because he knows it's very hot right now where I live.

That Santa's a really interesting fella to talk to on the telephone, too.  Did you know that he works from the second half of January until the day before Thanksgiving on the year's Christmas presents, and then on Thanksgiving, he turns up at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade to kick off his Tour of America, and then he heads home to the North Pole on December Twenty-Third to load up the sleigh to do his Christmas Eve thing, and finally, from Christmas Day until the middle part of January, Santa Claus goes to Hawaii and has a vacation?
I love it when my friends call me on the phone!

It's true.  I asked him to explain how he can do all that stuff he does, and he said it's part magic and part knowing how to go back and forth on the spacetime continuum.  He said it's a lot to understand and know, but I could just chalk it up to magic and excellent planning.  So that's what I do.

I don't hafta know the hows and whys of EVERYTHING.  I don't.  Some things, it's just more fun to let 'em stay magic.

Anyway, it was good to hear from Santa Claus and to get to breathe in some of that peppermint-scented cold air from the North Pole.  Now I think I can manage the hot weather here at my house a little better.

Stay cool, Big People!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment