Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Guess What Today Is!

Rozzie told me not to bring it up about Christmas Eve today.
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Thursday!  Well, as you know, it's the Twenty-Fourth of the Month.  By now, you oughtta know that every Twenty-Fourth, I send you a friendly reminder that Christmas Eve is just X amount of months away, and today is no different. 

Friends, Christmas Eve is a mere eight months away.  That's all I'm gonna say, so plan accordingly.  Don't leave things off until the last minute.

While I respect Rozzie's advice, I'm gonna bring it up anyway, because I care.
I still don't see what the big deal is.  I'm not sayin' I wanna hafta fast-forward through all the months between now and Christmas.  I'm not sayin' I wanna hafta have Christmas every month.  That'd be too much.
I know Rozzie's glarin' at me.  I'm not backin' down.  Christmas Eve is important to me.

I'm just stating the obvious, Friends.  Anybody with a calendar could count backwards from Christmas Eve to today, or count forwards from today to Christmas Eve.  Anybody could do it.

I don't understand why people get all skinny around the nose when Christmas is mentioned.  It's funny how, when Christmas is here, everybody's all like "oooooh! I LOVE Christmas! It's my FAVORITE time of year!"

I have ears.  I can hear ya, Friends.  But the rest of the year, it's all "Boo!  Hiss!  Christmas!  You stink for pointing out it's only eight months away from Christmas Eve."

I'm not tryin' to stir the pot, Friends.  I just think it's better to acknowledge that Christmas is on the way, and plan accordingly.  It's how Santa gets through the holidays without gettin' all cranky-pants.

Rozzie and I have agreed to disagree.  This is MY blog, and I'll talk about Christmas if I wanna.
Why, in fact, Santa Claus has LOTS to do at the tail-end part of the year, and he manages to maintain jolliness, just the same.  How does he do it?

HE LOOKS AT HIS CALENDAR, ACKNOWLEDGES HOW MUCH TIME HE HAS TO PREPARATE FOR CHRISTMAS, AND HE PLANS ACCORDINGLY!  That's all there is to it, Friends!

That's why I talk about it so much.  I love ya lots, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment