Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Puddle Jumpin'

I jumped in a buncha mud puddles!
Hiya, Friends!  Guess what!  On Sunday, when it was so warm outside, I got to go outside and play while Daddy was doing some work on the cars. 

There wasn't much for me to do while I was outside, Friends.  I don't have a swingset... yet... to keep me entertained whilst out of doors, but that kind of play equipment deficit only inspires me to work harder to find something fun to do.

I might notta had a swingset to play on, or a sliding board to get a kick out of, but you know what I had lots and lots of? 

MUD PUDDLES! 

Oh, my goodness, Friends!  Mud puddles are the greatest!  Plus, I've been wanting to try out my Pink Butterfly Rubber Rain Boots ever since I had 'em bought at the Mall, and Sunday provided me with the perfect conditions for such a test-spin.

They work great, by the way!
I got my socks, skirt, and BabyLegs all wet and muddy!

When I'd see a mud puddle, I'd get a running start and jump into it with both feet.  If I did it just right, I'd make and epic SPLASH! with the water in the puddle, and the water would go from clear to roily.  If I ran and jumped enough, the puddle would go from being like a little tiny lake to being just a patcha mud!

I kept this up for a coupla hours, Friends!  I'm not even kidding!

zOMGWHATFUN!

The only downside to this wonderful new sport I've discovered is that I was wearin' a mere mortal pair of pink BabyLegs, and my knit, ruffly skort.  Super comfortable clothes, but about as waterproof as you'd expect 'em to be.  They got wet and muddy, and as Sunday was still kinda chilly, I got wet and chilly.  Ooooooh!  That's a sensation I don't like!

...And it was the most fun I've had, ever!
My rain boots worked great- the bottoms of my feet stayed nicey dry, but the tops of my socks got wet and muddy and chilly, because I'm so good at jumping in the mud puddles that the water came up and over my tall rubber boots!  How about that?!

It felt good to get back inside and into some clean and dry, if not entirely fashionable Backup Pants.  You know what I'm talkin' about, Friends.  Backup Pants are pants you aren't really that wild about wearing out when people can see you, but they fit and are comfortable, and you keep 'em in case something happens to your regular clothes.  Backup Pants!  I also got me a clean and dry pair of socks on, and I hafta say, that's a singular pleasure in this life, Friends.  Puttin' on a pair of nice, warm, dry socks after your feet have been wet and cold.  Ahhhh!

Hey, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment