Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2016

I Don't Wanna Taco'Bout It!

Is that the phone? If it's for me, tell 'em I'm not here!
Well, hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday to you!

Ya know, I'm a kid with a sympathetic face, and a sympathetic ear on either side of my sympathetic face.  And sometimes, people take advantage of those sympathetic ears.

For instance, I recently completed a protracted telephone conversation with my former co-worker Deborah Downer, from over at The Company. 

Apparently, Deborah Downer had a pizza delivered to her desk at The Company.  She ordered Classic Cheese, but instead got Extra Cheese, and that disconcerted her.  So after she ate the Extra Cheese Pizza, she gave me a ring on the phone to tell me how upset she was about her pizza being Extra Cheese insteadda Classic Cheese.

To be honest, I was perplexed as to why Deborah Downer was so upset about the pizza, and also I was confused as to why she called me to tell me about it.  I work at Donut Dude's, not Pizza Guy's.  But I am a regular Pizza Guy's customer, and I hafta say, all the pizzas are delicious, especially Classic Cheese AND Extra Cheese!

So throughout the thirty-six-and-a-half minute conversation, which really amounted to Deborah Downer doing all the talking and me saying "Oh, my!" and "Jeeze, that's intense," and "I've gotta go to the potty!", I learned that Deborah Downer called Pizza Guy's and chewed out the person that answered the phone, and wanted to talk to Pizza Guy himself.  Pizza Guy was out delivering pizzas, and they told Deborah Downer that he'd call her back when he had a chance, once he was back to HQ.  Evidently, Deborah Downer waited fifteen minutes and called back, to see if Pizza Guy was back and just avoiding calling her, and when she was told he wasn't even back yet, she yelled "Your customer service STINKS!!!" and hung up on them.

And that's when she called me and told me everything she wanted to say to Pizza Guy when he finally called her back.  And I can assure you, Friends, that had Deborah Downer not been banned for three months from calling Pizza Guy's, they would have been chewn the heck out.

In fact, I'm feelin' a little rebuffed myself, and I had nothing to do with any of this. 

So for the rest of the day, if the phone rings and it's for me, my policy is that I'm not here.  Whatever it is, I do NOT wanna Taco'bout it!

No comments:

Post a Comment