Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

If She Waddles Like a Duck...

...She's probably wearin' web-footed slippers!  Haaaaa!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday to you!

Well, ya know, early on in my life, I did not like footwear of any kind at all touching my feet, which is really unfortunate for the footwear, since that's kind of its whole gig in life. 

Over the years, though, I have reversed my position on footwear.  I can still taker leave socks, but I have fallen in love with shoes!

I remember the first pair of shoes that I really loved.  The one that I saw in the store and I had to have.

It was back when I was Three.  I was shoppin' in the dang ol' Target with Mommy, Gramma, and Aunt Colleen.  We were in the shoe department, and there it was that I saw 'em.  The most glorious, sparkly-clear pair of jelly slippers all duded up to look like Cinderella's Glass Slippers.  And they even came in my size.  I made a stand for those shoes that day, Friends, and recently outgrew them, after nearly two years of wonderful time together.

There have been lots of other pairs of shoes I've fallen in love with since.  Usually if it sparkles, I must have it!  But those Glass Slippers were the first!

Today, I'm sportin' a pair of duck-footed slippers I was recently sent in a subscription box.  While these slippers are kinda silly, and pretty hard to walk efficiently in, they're fun as all get-out.  They're eye-catching.  And I can sacrifice a little functionality for style while I'm wearin' 'em.  That's just a part of bein' a fashionista!

Hey, Big People.  I love ya lots, and I'll be seein' ya tomorrow, mmmkay?  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment