Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ask Wednesday Snuck Up On Me This Year!

It's Ask Wednesday, Friends!
Oh!  Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday to you! 

Actually, it's Ask Wednesday, and I'm sorry I didn't give it more fanfare this year.  It totally and completely snuck up on me!  It really did!

Don't get me wrong.  I exercise my right to ask questions, and lots of 'em, every day.  My favorite question is "But why?"  But today's a special day.  It's Ask Wednesday.

I don't think I wanna waste Ask Wednesday on "But Why?"

So my big Ask Wednesday question ended up being kind of cosmic in nature this year. 

I got to thinkin' about outer space, and all the planets.  I've been readin' in my Big Book of the Solar System, and as it turns out, there's lotsa things flying around in outer space- oh, you know.  Asteroids, comets, little space rocks.  That sorta thing.  And here we are, on our little blue marble, with our moon made outta green cheese, spinning around and around the sun, with all that crazy spacey flying stuff swooshing through the expanse.

So my question was, "With all that crazy spacey stuff swooshing all around us and our Moon, what's keepin' a giant space rock from smashing into us and causing a catastrophic catastrophe?"

So I looked up the answer, and as it turns out, all of us planets inside the Asteroid Belt, which means, Mercury, Venus, Us (the Earth!), and Mars, we all have a debt of gratitude to Jupiter.  It's true.  Jupiter is this giant planet made of gas, and it has an extremely powerful gravitational pull, so any errant space rocks flying in with it in mind to smack into us are probably gonna get sucked into Jupiter.  Jupiter's really like a giant space vacuum cleaner in that respect!  How about that?!

It's kinda nice that we've got such a big friend out there in space, lookin' out for us like that. 

So that was my question for Ask Wednesday this year.

I sure love ya lots, Big People!  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow.  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment