Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

What About the Crafts?!

If they take away the roll, how am I s'posed to make clever toilet paper roll crafts?
Friends, I was watchin' a show I previously recorded back in the Fall, and I happened across a commercial for the roll-free toilet paper. 

I'm not gonna lie.  While I'm intrigued by the positive environmental impact such a change would make, I am disconcerted by the ramifications to my craft-supply chain that such a development would ...ramificate. 

Shoot, I was doin' so well there for a paragraph!

Anyways, here's my dilemma.  I like the idea, a lot, of puttin' less garbage in the landfills.  Lotsa people just throw away their toilet paper rolls, and that's bad.  Recyclin' them is great.  But for me, toilet paper rolls are the lifeblood of my crafting career.

As a three-year-old, I'm pretty limited on art supplies.  I can watercolor and fingerpaint, and string foam beads on plastic lacing, but my most serious art comes from toilet paper rolls and construction paper.

If widespread adoption of this roll-less toilet paper catches on, this is seriously gonna cramp my craftin' style, Friends. 

I guess that's progress, though.

Hey.  I'm gonna go make some hoot-owls with the toilet paper rolls I have on hand.  Craft while the craftin's good.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment