Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Friend Like Winnie the Pooh

When the world's blustery, I'm glad I have a friend like Winnie the Pooh!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday to you!

Well, ya know, sometimes life can be kinda blustery and mean.  I think you know what I'm talkin' about, Big People.  Sometimes people are just havin' sucha bad time of things that they splatter their misfortune all over everybody they see, especially the people who happen to be smilin' too much for 'em.  They wanna pull everybody else down to feelin' as bad as they do.

We all do that sometimes, Friends, especially right after we've had it done to us.  That kinda thing is contagious.  We can fight the blustery and meanness by bein' chipper, cheerful, and HAPPY, but some days, the blusteriness is just too much, and to try to fight it by bein' chipper, cheerful, and happy just draws more blustery uglies your way.

I know this is true for me, too.

And insteadda lettin' it really get to me so's I wanna hafta pass along the bad feelings to everyone I meet, just like everybody else is doing, I unplug and go visit one of the kindest souls I know: my pal Winnie the Pooh.

Sure, Winnie the Pooh has been described as "stout of body and small of brain," and some people think Winnie the Pooh is kinda boring, but you know what?  There's lotsa ways of bein' interesting and big of brain, if we hafta label people like that, which I don't like to do.  Winnie the Pooh always knows just what to say to make me feel better.  He isn't tryin' to get a laugh at anybody else's expense, and sometimes, ya just need that kinda soothing, healing presence around ya.  Even if he does eat up all your honey and gets stuck in your front door.

Sure thing.  When the world's blustery and mean, I sure am glad I have a friend like Winnie the Pooh who loves me! 

And I'm glad I have you, too, Friends!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment