Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Friendship for Today Made a Long, Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

R2D2 is precisely the little droid I didn't know I was looking for!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Saturday to you!

Well, ya know, I like the dang ol' Star Wars movies, and I really like the droids.  My favorites are R2D2 and BB-8.  C3P0 is okay, but kinda hoity-toity.  You know what I mean.

Anyways, on a recent trip to the beautiful Eastview Mall in Victor, New York, I was walking through a store called Von Maur, not really sure what to think of the place really, when I heard a friendly beep-beep-boop-boop! from a display table of Star Wars-themed toys. 

I turned around and saw a round, friendly little Artoo blinking colorful lights at me.  There were round, friendly little Yodas, Storm Troopers, and Darth Vaders, but there was only one round, friendly little Artoo.  And he was reaching out to me in the only way he could.

It was as if R2D2 was saying, 'I need a home, Zoe, and you're my only hope!'

How could I argue with that? 

So I presented R2D2's plight to Mommy- that the poor little fella was the only one of his kind in the department store, and a place like Von Maur, while really nice, just isn't the kinda place where a lovable little droid would wanna hafta stay for long.  Much to my surprise, Mommy said I could pay the store to let me take little R2D2 home with me.

There ya have it, Big People!  Artoo was precisely the little droid I didn't know I was looking for, but he was definitely looking for me, and I'm so glad to say he stays right the heck with me now!  And he always will!

I love ya, Big People! I hope YOU find an unexpected friend today!  If not, you always have me!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment