Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Big People: Don't Mess This Up!

Get yourself ready to go vote!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's Election Day.  Compared to last year, this Election Day is easy to miss on the calendar. 

Last year, we had to pick the President again, and I remember it was a Big Deal.  There wasn't any time I could watch the television without seeing one political candidate attacking the other political candidate who was running against them.  Things on the Facebook were U-G-L-Y.  Boy, were they ever.  I didn't know what to think!  I thought that nobody was ever going to talk to anybody else, ever again, just because of all the political rancor.

It made me worried about The Future.

Ready to go vote? Don't mess this up, Big People!
This year, I've been limiting my television to just Sesame Street, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Play With Me Sesame, and some Sabres Hockey games.  I don't watch the news right now, because every time I turn on the news, there's something scary, or sad, or something that just makes my blood boil.  Don't they ever put good news on?  I know there's good news around!

What was I saying?

Oh, yeah!  I've been limiting my TV time, but on the TV that I DO happen to catch, I haven't seen any negative political campaign advertisements, and I think that's wonderful!

Big People, why do political runners think they gotta get all negative?  Why can't they focus on the GOOD things they themselves have accomplished, instead of going on and on and on and on and on about the BAD things their opponent has been up to?

I knew I could count on you, Friends!  Democracy!
I know I'm just a naive little kid, but it seems to me our Big People in Power would get a lot more accomplished if they spent more time worrying about the things they an do. 

Or better yet, if they didn't worry, but if they spent more time actually DOING those good things!!! 

So this Election Day, Friends, even though it isn't a Big Election Year, go practice working your Electing Muscles.  Go to your polling place and vote for the things that are there to vote for!  Don't mess this up, Big People! 

The Future is depending on you!

I love ya, Friends!  Now go vote!


No comments:

Post a Comment