Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Make It, Check It!

I've gotta give my eyes a break from so many checks!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, I've gotta tell ya now that the Christmas Season has started, I'm helping my pal Santa Claus with some of the North Pole's lists.  He has elves for all that, but said that it's important to have an independent auditor put another pair of non-elf eyes on the lists, so he picked me to help.

I had to get all kinds of clearances for the job.  I have Super Secret Tippy-Top Secret Clearance for this job, so I've gotta keep mum on what I see.  Even on what kinds of lists I'm auditing.  So you can't know for sure whether I'm auditing the Naughty or Nice Lists or just Mrs. Claus's grocery list.

I'm gettin' paid in hot cocoa and peppermint sticks for this!
Sometimes I don't even know for sure.

It's a fun job, anyway.  I don't get to make any decisions.  I just make sure that all the checkmarks add up.  How it works is that Santa makes a list, checks it twice, sends it to the elves for processing, and then everything comes to me for auditing.

If you think I've just given something Super Secret Tippy-Top Secret away, rest assured that I have not.  Every list that Santa makes, he makes it and checks it twice.  Even his to-do lists for every single day.  And he told me I could tell you that.

It feels good, helping my friend Santa Claus out!
When you've got a job as important as Santa Claus's, you can't be too careful about your lists that you make.  You just can't.  You can't afford to miss even the tiniest of details.  That's why I don't think it's a bit strange that Santa Claus has a whole army of elves looking over his lists after he makes 'em and checks 'em twice, and that's why I also think it's an honor that I was included as an independent contractor, to audit Santa Claus's lists. 

It makes me feel really good that someone as important as Santa Claus trusts me with a job as important as going over the lists!  Santa Claus is a Big Cheese, and because he trusts me enough to do this job for him, it makes me feel like a Big Cheese, too! 

Not quite as big a cheese as Santa Claus, but you get the drift, Friends, don't you?

Plus, it's a nice break from the TPS Reports.

Hey, I'll tell ya what, Friends!  I'd better get back at checking Santa's lists for him.  I'll see ya tomorrow, though.  I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment