Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Life Is Art, and I'm the Canvas!

It's sorta Joker meets Goth!
Friends, recently, I discovered the distinct pleasure of writing on my own face with a marker.  Some people who lack imagination are horrified by this. 

Of course, I'm talking about Mommy.  We were getting ready to go to the store one day, and she was putting on HER lipstick, so I grabbed a black Dry Erase... Expo brand, I think, but it isn't really important.  What IS important is that I used that black marker to put some color on my own lips and face, in preparation for going Out In Public- a girl likes to look her best, after all- and that Mommy flipped the heck right out about it.
It's a look all my own!

I asked her what the big deal was, and she said I couldn't go out with black marker on my face, because what would people think?

I'll tell ya what people would think.  They'd think I'm a kid with my own unique sense of style, no small amount of confidence and panache to pull off said style, and they'd probably think I look downright fabulous with that black marker on my lips and face.

Well, we can't have people thinking I'm confident and secure in my own unique style, now can we? 

And it's easy and fun to do!
We can't.  Not according to Mommy.  And I'd like to go on record as expressing just how hypocritical I think this is.  It's okay for HER to go out in public wearing black nail polish, but I can't have black marker on my face?!  Double standard!  

So don't you know that out came the Wet Wipes.  Don't you know they made quick work of my self-expression.  Darn them.

What Mommy is failing to appreciate here is that Life is Art, and I Am the Canvas!  I'd be mad at Mommy, but mostly, I just feel sad for her.  She must be dead inside, not to be able to appreciate the art I create on myself.  Hmmmm.   Anyway, I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!  Be yourselves, no matter what anybody says or how many baby wipes they getchya with!

No comments:

Post a Comment