Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Please and thank-you are always in style!
Hiya, Friends!  Well here we are at Thanksgiving!  The Great American Eating Holiday.  Happy Thanksgiving!

As you  probably gathered from yesterday's Best Guest Guide, I've been giving this Great American Eating Holiday lotsa thought.  Lotsa preparation.  I've really been brushing up on my own skills'n'manners, so I don't commit a faux pas.  Some of the things I've learned have been real eye-openers, Friends!

I'll share some with ya!

Did you know that if you're sitting at the table, and you're drinking out of your cup, and you notice that the person next to you has not only iced tea in their glass, but also ice cubes and a lemon wedge (known to me as the Trifecta of Awesomeness!), it isn't okay to just reach in and grab out the lemon wedge or a piece of ice?
Save dancin' for the floor, after the meal!

It isn't!  You hafta ask, and then probably wait for that person to fish out their lemon wedge or a piece of ice and give it to you.  And just between you and me and the Internet, Friends, my Daddy's much more awesome about surrendering his lemon wedge to me than Mommy is. 

I love that Daddy!  He's a good egg!

Another thing that surprised me about table manners is that it's generally frowned upon when someone dances on the table before the meal has been served or during the eating of the meal.  You know I think dancin's good for the soul, but I've been corrected on a coupla occasions about dancin' on the table while people are trying to eat. 

I suppose it makes sense, Friends.  You wouldn't want to be doing the can-can and kick over somebody's beverage.  You wouldn't wanna get your foot in mashed potato while doing the Mashed Potato.  Could get slippery, and it's always Safety First!  It is!

Also, milk is for drinking, not blowing bubbles in!
The last thing that really took me aback was finding out that when you have a glassa milk and a straw, you're not s'posedta blow bubbles in it.  You're not, Friends!  And it's too bad, too, because blowin' milk bubbles is a whole lotta fun, especially if you've got chocolate milk.  I like to think that blowing bubbles in the chocolate milk makes the chocolate and the milk mix better, but I guess that isn't how it works.

Anyway, you're gonna hafta color me surprised on a lot of these nuances of table manners, Friends! 

I've studied up on 'em, and today's the big day.  I get to put 'em into practice at this Great American Eating Holiday! 

Thanks for dropping in and seeing me today, Friends!  I'll be back tomorrow.  I love ya!  I love ya lots!  Happy Thanksgiving! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment