Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

...That Awkward Moment...

Did I turn off my coffeemaker this mornin'?
Hiya, Friends!  How are you this Monday?  I'm okay, I think.  Have you ever had one of those awkward moments when you get yourself all dressed, and you make your coffee and eat your breakfast, then go out to your car and get in it and drive to where you work, and say "Hiya" to Hector at the Security Kiosk, ride the elevator up to your floor, avoid Mitch from Accounting, get to your desk, take your coat off, set out your sharpened pencils and crayons for a day of filling out TPS Reports, sit down, stand back up and talk to Sabretooth a minute, sit back down, crack your knuckles, stretch, log in to your computer, call Donut Dude to make sure he has everything for your order for the Donuts in the Conference Room this week, hang up the phone with Donut Dude, and realize...

...you can't remember whether or not you turned off your coffeemaker before you left your house this morning?

In case you can't tell, that's exactly what's happening in my world today, Friends.  I don't remember turning off my coffeemaker, but I don't remember not turning off my coffeemaker. 

Now, if I had a smart coffeemaker with a smartphone application, I could just log in and see, and if I left it on, I could turn my coffeemaker off remotely, right from my desk at the office.  But I don't have any of those things.  NO.  Mommy makes me go around with not a smartphone, but just a feature phone for if I have car trouble, or if I run into a problem on the North Bingham Underground.  She says it's some blah, blah, blah about not wanting me to be spoiled.

Back to the coffeemaker, though.  I can't really go home to check, because I'm already here at work, and on the clock.  I can't just traipse off to go home and check on my coffeemaker.  Not with Employee Reviews coming up!

So here's what I did.  I looked up on the World Wide Web the very coffeemaker I have and found out that whether or not I remembered to turn it off before I left my house, it has an automatic shut-off feature that turns it off after an hour anyway.  So I'm all set.

Phwew!

Maybe my coffeemaker's smarter than I gave it credit for being!

I love ya, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment