Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Blowin' the Trader Horn

Trader Horn brands itself as "My Favorite Store," and by golly, I think it's true!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Tuesday to you!

Friends, recently I took a multi-day excursion to the Greater Pittsburgh Area to see my Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz.  Among other interesting places I visited, I found myself once again at the dang ol' Trader Horn. 

What's Trader Horn, you ask?  Well, as it says on its buckets available for purchase from an aisle near the back of the store, and on its shopping bags, Trader Horn is simply "My Favorite Store!"

They've got a little bit of everything in there, Friends.  They really do.  They have craft items, toys, plumbing,  rope to buy by the foot, lighting supplies, home health care supplies, Sauder furniture, candy, toys, gardening supplies, hunting and camping supplies, toys, housewares, some shelf-stable foods, brickabrackas, toys, and cleaning supplies.  I mean literally a little bit of everything.

My favorite section is by far and away the toy section, if you didn't already figure that out.  They have some really neat toys there.  For instance, that Cozy Coupe Convertible that I saw and wanted.  I haven't given up on purchasing a Cozy Coupe Convertible of my very own, Friends, and if Mommy thinks she's gonna stand in my way, I'm gonna show her a thing or two.  But my mission isn't to focus on what I don't have, Friends.  Not today.  I'm here to talk about all the wonderful things I came across on my last trip to the dang ol' Trader Horn. 

I got a really cool bubble kit that came with three different wands and three bubble pipes, a little tray for bubble solution, and a little bottle of bubble solution, all for $2.99.  And I'll tell you what.  Those little bubble pipes are the best bubble blowing apparatuses I've ever used.  See, bubble wands are tricky for me, but when I use these Trader Horn bubble pipes, I have some serious bubbly game.  So color me a fan!

I also got five little spools of different colors of plastic craft lacing.  Mommy used them to distract me from the adjacently located little Cozy Coupe Convertible.  She also bought me a set of shiny plastic lavender beads that sparkle and make me feel fancy when I wear 'em.  At least I can look stylin' while I'm not tooling around the Bing in my very own Cozy Coupe Convertible.

I also got some Trader Horn buckets in which to plant our tomato garden, two spools to wind up our extension cords on, for $6.99 apiece, and solar-powered driveway markers, also $6.99 apiece, and guess what.  They all work GREAT!

I've never been to any other store like Trader Horn.  I don't have anything with which to compare it to for you, Friends, so I really think you oughtta just go and see it for yourself.  Borrow somebody's big pickup truck if you do.  And if you find yourself with room in the back of your friend's big pickup truck, could you pick me up that Cozy Coupe Convertible?  You'll know it when you see it, because the minute you see it, you'll see a vision of me behind the wheel, and I'll look so good in that vision that you'll realize how tragic it is that I do not yet have that Cozy Coupe Convertible.  True story.

So anyway, Friends.  I wanted to tell ya about my favorite store.  I hope you get to make a trip to it sometime, so it can be your favorite store, too.  I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment