Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

If Cornmeal Muffins Are Made With Corn...

It's important to know what your food's made from, Friends!
Hiya, Friends!  Yesterday I went on an expedition with Mommy to the Wegmans and we came home with a package of English Muffins, and it got me to wondering...

Cornmeal muffins are made of cornmeal, blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, chocolate chip muffins have chocolate chips in 'em, apple strudel muffins can boast both apples and strudel among their ingredients, so what makes me feel uneasy about these English muffins is this:

What do they make English muffins out of?  I'm asking, especially because the Amish call us normals "the English," and, well...

I don't even wanna go there, Friends.  I do not even wanna go there.  English muffins are just too delicious for me to spoil with thoughts like this.  I am going to try to derail my very own train of thought, if this is the track it's gonna wanna hafta take me down, by golly!

But seriously, Friends, why are they called "English muffins" when they don't really look like muffins, and they don't appear to have "the English," or English class or anything like that in 'em?   Did they just pull the name at random from one of those big drums they use for 50-50 raffle drawings?

I'm gonna be cautious, just until I find out for sure, Friends.  It's important to know what your food's made from!

I love ya lots!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment