Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Happy Cinco de Juno!

I need a holiday fix.  A Holifix ™, if you will, Friends.
Friends, as you know, the month of May was full of festive festivities.  Now May is over and we're into June.  Actually, we're on June the Fifth, and I can't help but notice the lack of holidays here at the beginning of the sixth month of the year.

Think about it.  By the time we got to the fifth of May, we'd already enjoyed May Day and May the Fourth Be With You day.  And then Cinco de Mayo.

Today IS Cinco de Juno, so why aren't there any festivities to participate in?  I feel like there should be festive eats.  I feel as though there should be a pinata, at the very least.

I think what I'm saying is that I'd like a pinata of my very own.  Pinatas are excellent stress relief, because you beat 'em and beat 'em and beat 'em with a stick, and then candy and treats fall out.  If that isn't stress relief, I don't know what is, by golly!

What's that? ...  You're wondering what kind of stress a two and a half year-old can possibly be feeling?  Well, I'll tell ya, Friends.  There's the constant battle between me and Mommy about naptime.  That's the appetizer course.  Then there's all the questions I face on any given day.  Zoe, what color is this?  Zoe, what letter is this?  Zoe, why did you put your peanut butter sandwich in the couch?  The couch doesn't eat peanut butter sandwiches!

I'll tell ya why.  Because I got tired of eating the peanut butter sandwich, and the couch was a convenient hidey-hole, or so I thought!  That's why!  Geeze!

And then there's my favorite stressor: "Zoe, when are you gonna learn to use the potty?"

Oh. My. Good-n-Plentys, Friends.  I get so sick of hearin' that question that I'd love to have a Tshirt printed up for myself that says "I'm gonna learn to use the potty beginning at never o'clock on the eleventy-second of Mindyourownbusinessuary."  But that's a lot of letters to put on a 2T Tshirt.  I could probably size up to 3T, but I bet they'd still hafta print the shirt using maybe about a size 25 font, which is big on a page, but little teeny-tiny on a Tshirt, even a 2T or 3T Tshirt.

So that's why I get stressed out, Friends.  That's what has me on edge and wanting to beat a pinata with a stick and have candy fall out of it for my efforts.  That's why I want so desperately for today to be Cinco de Juno.  Friends.

So let's make it so.  Happy Cinco de Juno to you, Friends!  I'll see you tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment