Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

My First Teeth Cleaning!

I couldn't believe how easy getting my teeth cleaned could be!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, on Tuesday, I experienced my first dental appointment.  I was at Daddy's office and the hygienist had a spot in her schedule that needed filling, and everybody decided that spot was just me-sized, so I said "Sure!" to a cleaning!  How about that?!

Now, I've heard that sometimes going to the dentist is stressful for you Big People.  I understand that it can get a body all whipped up.  I understand.  The dentist's office can be a scary place with all the lights and the drills and the squirty waters and such.

There's no need to be scared of a cleaning, though, Friends.  It's really easy, in fact.  You just sit in the chair, close your eyes, think of a happy place, and next thing you know, your teeth are nice and shiny clean and you're all done!

I understand that sometimes the dentist finds cavities in your mouth.  This is nothing to feel bad about, Friends.  The dentist is there to help you.  The dentist wants to catch your cavities when they're little and easy to fix, and before they get big and difficult to fix or before you get an abscess.  I have heard that abscesses are really painful, so you wanna do what you can to avoid getting one.  And one of those things you can do is visit your dentist.

I was a little nervous at first, Friends, getting my first teeth-cleaning.  Even me!  Even with my daddy being a dentist and all.  But I just closed my eyes and went to a happy place in my head, and it was all over soon.  No drama at all.

If I can do it, Friends, so can you. I'm in your corner!  I'm cheerin' you on, Friends!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment