Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bursting Cupcake Bubbles: Say It Ain't So!

CUPCAKES!!! ZOE STILL LOVES YA!  DON'T YOU DARE GO ANYWHERE!
Friends, I've recently heard some very sad news.  An apparently famous cupcakery chain, Crumbs, in New York City, Philly, DC, and California, is closin' its doors, packin' up shop, and going to that great cupcakery in the sky.

Now, I never got to eat a cupcake from Crumbs, but I know a thing or two about the cupcake craze that so many "know-it-all" adults have declared over.  I know a thing or two about bubbles, even those with cupcakes that these same "know-it-all" adults declare "burst."

Come here, cupcake-hating know-it-all adults: Lemme wanna burst YOUR bubble!

The cupcake craze is alive and well.  At least as far as this kid goes.  I still LOVE cupcakes.  I still love their rich, delicious cake part.  I'm still wild about the sugary and fluffy goodness that is the icing part.  And don't even get me started on how much I love the sparkly sprinkles.

Okay, no, I AM started on how much I love the sparkly sprinkles.  The answer's a lot.  I love, love LOVE sparkly sprinkles.  I LOVE CUPCAKES! 

I know it seems like maybe the fire in my belly for cupcakes has cooled, but in reality, my handlers have asked me not to talk about cupcakes so much here on the blog and over on the dang ol' Facebook.  They didn't want people getting the wrong idea about me and cupcakes: that I have a "problem" with them.

I know we've covered this before, Friends, at length, but I don't have a cupcake problem.  I do have a problem with Crumbs closing, though.  It makes me really sad.  I feel like an era has passed.  I really do.

Thing of it is, I couldn't help but notice that right here in my very house, we have cupcake pans, and cupcake wrappers, and devices to put icing on things like cupcakes.  When I go to the store, I notice they have sparkly sprinkles.  It's got me to thinking, Friends, that maybe, just maybe, I could bake cupcakes here at my very own house. 

I'll call 'em Mighty Cupcakes.

There, Friends!  I've gotta get out my crayons and the big paper on a roll.  I've got a business plan to work on!  I'll see ya tomorrow.  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment