Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

How's That Going For Me?

I'm glad Independence Day went better for America than it has for me!
Well, Friends, it's Independence Day.  As you'll remember from my post yesterday, today was gonna be the day that I declared my independence.  Today was gonna be the day I moved into my own place. 
I was gonna move into my Little Cardboard House in the Living Room.  I was gonna be free.

Well.

As it turns out, there's no kitchen, no bedroom, no bathroom, NO TEEVEE in my Little Cardboard House in the Living Room.  Plus, the thing's right in the living room, so in the most "technical" sense, I wouldn't even be moving out on my own anyway.

Those technicalities will get you every stinkin' time, won't they, Friends? 

Anyway, I'm glad that the whole Independence thing worked out better for America than it has for me.  I won't let it discourage me, though.  I'll try again in a few years.  In the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy the hot water for baths, the stocked fridge, the TEEVEE where I can watch my beloved Sesame Street and Daniel Tiger friends... Maybe now I know why the caged bird sings, Friends.  Maybe now I know.

Anyway, Happy Fourth of July!  Have a blast, but safely!  And I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love the heck right outta ya, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment