Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Residency at St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital

A laugh a day keeps the doctor away!
Hiya, Friends!

Hey, I haven't checked in with ya from my residency at St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital in a while.  I'm still there, slogging along.  Still doing Spirit Lifts and Funnybone Repair Surgery. 

I'm learning a lot of stuff, Friends.  Even though I really like performing Spirit Lifts, and even though there's nothing I like more than a good Funnybone Repair, what I'm really trying to stress to my patience is preventative laughter medicine. 

It's true.  I'm trying to get my patients to need me less.  It's better for them.  All they hafta do is laugh a little each day, or smile.  Every day.  I don't think that encouraging my patients to practice preventative laughter-care on themselves at home is bad for my future business as a Physician of Fun.  I really don't.  A doctor's goal is to keep her patients as healthy as possible and to be there for them when things really get bad.  A Physician of Fun is no different. 

You see, my regular patients will come see me for checkups every year, or every few months- on whichever recall schedule they need to go on.  I'll see people for LaughWell, LiveWell checkups.  No problem!  To keep things running smoothly for them!

But sometimes unforeseen things pop up in life that steal someone's happy.  Things can dampen spirits.  Funnybones get broken.  Those are my acute-care patients.  Those are the people who need therapies such as Spirit Lifts, and work on their funnybones.  Sourgrapesectomies.  BadFeelingOtomies.  Those sorts of things.  And I'll be there for those patients, I sure will. 

I just wanna make sure my patients for the most part are on the LaughWell, LiveWell plan, and not needing acute laugh-therapy all the time. 

So remember what Dr. Zoe says, Friends: A laugh a day keeps the doctor away!

I love ya lots, Friends!  Big Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment