Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

How I Handle a Summer Cold

When life gives ya a cold, pretend your blanket's an ball gown and be fabulous!
Hiya, Friends.  Well, I never thought it would happen to me, but it has.  I have caught the dreaded Summer Cold.  I can tell ya exactly from whom I caught this awfulness, too.  My very own Mommy.  I thought she was supposed to be looking out for me, not giving me colds in the summer, but what do I know, anyway? 

I know she was miserable with this Summer Cold earlier this week, and misery loves company.  That's what I know.  Connect your own dots.

Anyway, I'm not gonna let this Summer Cold make me a monster.  I'm not gonna let it take away my sparkle.  I might be spending today takin' it easy, but I'm not gonna pout.  I'm gonna wrap my blanket around me, pretend it's a beautiful, sequined, mermaid-tailed ball gown, and I'm gonna be just fabulous.  Take that, Cold!

Also, I read in my Little Big Board Book of Stuff that once you have a particular cold, your immune system is programmed by it not to fall victim to that particular strain again, so I'm building up my immune system while I'm at it.  Every little bit helps! 

So there, Summer Cold!  You thought you'd keep this little kid down, but all's you're doing is eliminating one more host for you when I go to kindergarten!  Ha!

I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment