Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Math Day!

Happy Math Day, Friends!
Hiya, Friends!  Didja notice that today is a Math Day?  Yeah!  A Math Day!  It's a day when the numbers in the date form a pattern or sequence that makes sense in math. 

For instance, 01/23/45 is a math day, because the date spells out the way we count to 5.  We'll be enjoying another math day like this on 12/13/14 this year. 

People who were born on days like this are "Math Babies."  I was almost a Math Baby.  I was really trying to be a Math Baby, holding out so I wouldn't be born until 09/10/11.  However, that darn Mommy messed that all up for me, and instead, I was born on 09/09/11, ruining my chances at being Special.

I'll let bygones be bygones, though. 

What's that?  Oh!  You're asking what makes today a Math Day, then.  Well, it's simple.  today is a math day because it's 07/07/14.  If you add the day to the month, it equals what year it is!  7+7=14!  You may be saying, "But Zoe, this phenomenon has happened EVERY month this year, and it'll probably continue to happen!" and you'd be right.  It just so happens that today's the prettiest of the Math Days of this nature, though, because you'll notice equilibrium between the month and the day.  They're both sevens.  I love sevens!

Well, I'll letchya get to celebrating Math Day in whichever way you see fit, Friends.  Like I tell my Mommy, who is mathematically challenged, math isn't anything to be afraid of.  It isn't.  It's like fire.  You've got to treat math with respect.  Learn to use it properly.  Harness its powerful power.  That's all!

I love ya lots, Friends, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment