Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Buildin' With Writer's Blocks!

I get by with a little help from my PEZ!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday to you! 

Well, ya know, I'm still dealin' with some of the writer's block, but then I got to lookin' at the PEZ candies I took outta my Donald Duck dispenser, and it got me thinkin' about how PEZ candies are little tiny blocks.

I was just thinkin' about how troublesome blocks can be.  Take writer's block, for instance.  Writer's blocks block the way between what's up in your head and what you can get out onto the screen or the paper.  Writer's blocks can block ya from sayin' what ya wanna say. 

In short, writer's blocks can be just awful.  If ya lettum be awful, that is.

Blocks can be useful.  I build things with my blocks all the time.  I have a set of little Citiblocks, and I can make walls and fences and houses and sky-scrapers with those blocks.  I don't see why writer's blocks oughtta be any different.  Ya just gotta look at Writer's Block from a different perspective, and see how to make it work for you.

Can the writer's block be used as a foundation for something else?  I use a bigger block to build with smaller blocks on toppa it, and it makes for a really good, solid block structure!  Or you can build with smaller blocks around the base of the writer's block.  Make it kind of a centerpiece.  Acknowledge it.

Friends, I'm gonna get through this writer's block.  I will.  And I hope if you're blocked by something, you find a way to see it from a different angle, and it helps you get through the block, too. 

Hey.  I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love ya lots, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment