Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Yellin' Just To Be Heard!

Sometimes I feel like I hafta yell in order to be heard!  Roar!!!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday to you!  You know, mostly, I'm a happy and agreeable little cuss.  I really am.  But one of my most peevish pet peeves I can think of that bugs the devil right outta me is the feelin' that I've gotta yell in order just to be heard.

Do you ever get that feeling, Friends?  Do you ever feel like nobody hears you unless you yell and scream and make a big ruckus?

Well, sometimes I do make a big ruckus, and I definitely get heard, but I'm not sure how much that gets me listened to.  In the heat of the moment, all I want is to be heard, but when I'm all cooled off and thinking again, I realize what I really want is just to be listened to.  There's a real difference.  All it means to be heard is that your voice finds someone's eardrums.  They can hear you and still ignore you, the way Mommy hears me but ignores me after the third time I wanna listen to Titanium or Feel This Moment  when we're riding in the car.  She says 'three times in a row is enough,' and then lets our playlist find the next song, and that makes me mad, so I make noise, she hears me, then proceeds to drive as though the sound of my voice is just part of the next song.

Being listened to, though, Friends, is the key.  When someone is listening to you, you present your idea in a calm fashion, and they present theirs, and if everything works out like it should, you come to an understanding. 

Still.  There's times when I can't resist screamin' so I can be heard.

I hope you get to be listened to instead of just bein' heard today, Friends.  I love ya lots!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!


No comments:

Post a Comment