Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Feel, Don't Conceal!

Feelings aren't good or bad.  They simply are.
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Tuesday to you!  Didja Make the Best of yesterday?  I sure hope ya did!

Anyway, as you know, I am a scholar on the animated movie Frozen, and there's a whole big Thing in the movie about 'Conceal, Don't Feel.'

I don't agree with it.  I mean, I'm sure there are times when Mommy and Daddy wish I would "conceal" how I'm feeling- like when I'm tired-n-bored-n-angry and we're out in public.  I've been known to have some good spazz-outs when I'm in that mood and I'm somewheres I don't wanna hafta be.  They've told me it's all okay.  They've told me to be quiet. 

But Mommy and Daddy have never told me not to feel the spazziness.  They just don't want me broadcasting the spazziness.  I get it.  In times when I have a quieter head, I understand right where they're coming from.  In the moment, I might not like being told to Shhhhhhhhh, though.

What's important to me is that I'm allowed to feel the spazziness and acknowledge it, so it doesn't get bigger and bigger and end with me buildin' an ice castle and plunging the Bing into Eternal Winter.  I think we can all be happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment