Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sweetest Day

Maybe I'll just watch both Willy Wonka movies today, on Sweetest Day.
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Saturday! 

Friends, didja know that today is a holiday known as "Sweetest Day?"  I was readin' up on this holiday with particular interest, because it involves giving each other small gifts of candy, and I love candy.

Thing of it is, Sweetest Day isn't sucha big deal in my necka the woods.  It's more of a Midwestern thing.  It's more popular in the far Western part of my state.  I don't think it's even a thing here in the Bing, and that makes me kinda sad.

Something else that makes me kinda sad is that Mommy and Daddy don't appear to want to be the ones to colonize the Bing and be early adopters of the holiday in our town.  I have a feelin' that there's gonna be no special Candy-Day for me.  Not until Halloween, at least, and if you think my folks let me go panhandling for goodies up and down the streets to bring in a five-pound haul of candy, you've got another thing coming.  I get to go to a very limited and select number of pre-approved homes, and I wouldn't put it past my parents to give those people a pre-approved list of treats they want me to have. 

Why, last year, I caught Daddy passing a coupla my Vitamin C lollipops to people to give to me. 

If they're that freakishly controlling of HALLOWEEN, I s'pose you can guess that my prospects for a successful Sweetest Day are pretty dim. 

Oh, well.  You know what I think I'm gonna do?  I'm gonna watch both versions of Willy Wonka today, so I can daydream about the room made of candy.  And actually, that'll probably be okay.  Lotsa times, candy looks better than it tastes.  So I'll probably be all right.

So will you, Friends.  I love ya lots, and I can't wait to see what mischief we're gonna get into together tomorrow!  I'll meetchya right here!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment