Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

Five To Nine!

It's Five To Nine!  Twice today!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Friday!

Hey, you know what?  I just love dates that sound like they're a sentence.  Today, for instance.  Today is May Twenty-Ninth, which sounds a little like an incomplete thought expressed as a sentence said out loud, which is actually a pet-peeve of mine, but if you say it the numbery way, that makes today "Five Two Nine," or its soundalike twin "Five to Nine!"

Granted, this is not a whole sentence in itself, on accounta there's no verb in there to verbify it, but you can still answer a question with it. 

Observate:

"Hey, Zoe!" you say.  "What the heck time is it?"

I consult my Judy Clock, which happens to have the big hand on the eleven and the little hand pointing almost right at the nine.  I know there's five minutes between the eleven and the twelve on the Judy Clock, and that it's almost nine-o-clock.

"Why, it's FIVE TO NINE!" I reply, triumphantly!"

That's what it's all about, Friends!  Findin' a way to make May Twenty-Ninth a heckofalotof fun!  This is my way!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment