Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

I Was Happy, Just the Same

French Toast and pancakes are almost the same thing, Big People!
Hiya, Friends!  How the heck are ya?  I've got me a head fulla dreams and a paira lungs fulla air, so I can't complain.  Can't complain at all!

Yes, I'm SURE it's dreams my head's fulla, and not air.  Goodness, who letchyoo in today with that attitude?

Anyway.

You know, last Sunday, I accompanied my Daddy to the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville.  I love that place.  I love to eat there!  Any time of the day, I love to eat at that place!  It's like another home to me.  If ya blindfolded me and took me there, I'd know that's where I was, before you even got me through the door.

Well, last Sunday, it was just me and Daddy.  I wanted pancakes for my lunch, and that woulda been a perfect Sunday lunch, were it not for one minor detail:  The Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville stops serving pancakes at eleven, and we were there after eleven.  So if you do out the math, that meant no pancakes for your pal Zoe.  It didn't even matter how ADORABLE I am.  Rules is rules, and they're there for a reason: the griddle has to be at a different temperature to handle the more lunchy things you can order at the Texas Hot- you know, hot dogs, burgers, Texas Hots- and my pancakes wouldn't turn out well if they cooked 'em on the griddle set up for those other things.  Conversely, they coulda turned the griddle to a different temperature to accommodate my pancakes, but there's more people wanting the lunchy things at that time of day, and it wouldn't be fair to them to have lousy burgers, dogs, n' Texas Hots, just 'cause I had to have pancakes.

It was explained to me that French Toast is almost just like a pancake, and they make French Toast all the time there.  Would I be willing to have French Toast insteadda my beloved pancakes?

Of COURSE I'd be willing to have French Toast, Big People.  I'm not one of these kids who expects every single meal to be the exact epitome of the Best Meal Ever, especially when I'm out-n-about.  I don't get all bent outta shape if everything doesn't go my way!  I learn to bend WITH all of it!

So I had the French Toast, and it was really great.  I'd definitely have it again, if I get to the Texas Hot too late for pancakes.  Like they said, French Toast is just like pancakes, so I was happy, just the same!

You see, Big People, it doesn't hurt to be a little flexible.

Hey.  I love ya lots.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment