Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Cookin' With Zoe

Life is unfair.
Well, Friends, I guess there's sucha thing as too much of a good thing, and it'll getchya thrown in Time Out to think about all that too much of a good thing.

Lemme wanna tell ya what happened.

See, I was helpin' Daddy cook recently.  We were havin' some scrambled eggs.  I helped crack the eggs.  I whisked the eggs to a nice, sunny yellow color.  I watched Daddy put the milk in, and kept whisking.

And then, Daddy turned around to do something.  I don't know what.  It doesn't matter.  But I figured that if a little milk in the scrambled eggs was good, then a whole big globba milk is even better, so I took that jugga milk- I mean it was pertineer full, as it was a brand-new gallon jugga milk, and I started pourin'.

Well, don'tchya know that's about the time Daddy turned around and saw me, and flipped his lid completely.  I got about half the gallon of milk in the eggs, but apparently that was wrong.  I got sat in Time Out for wastin' all that milk.  I had to go sit there and think about how I shouldn't have poured all that milk into the scrambled eggs, because I ended up wastin' the milk and the eggs. 

I thought about it, all right.  I know I shoulda asked before I started pourin' the milk, but here's the thing.  Pourin' milk is a lotta fun.  Also, by my reckoning, Daddy shoulda put himself in Time Out, right alongside me, on accounta he's the one who turned around, leaving me alone with the gallon jugga milk.  If it were THAT important that I not pour it all out, he coulda put it out of my reach after he got done putting in what he deemed the appropriate amount of milk.  But he didn't.

That's how it is when you're a Three-Year-Old, Friends.  Your Big People mess up, and somehow, it's you who gets sent to Time Out.  Mommy's just as bad an offender of this as Daddy is.  Life is really unfair when you're three. 

I'll tell ya what, though.  Crap like this isn't gonna flush next week, when I turn FOUR.  Mommy and Daddy are gonna find out just who they're dealin' with here, and there'll be no more unfair incarceration in Time Out of this Little Kid!  I am gonna fight the power when I'm Four! 

I'd start now, but I understand some birthday presents hang in the balance.  That doesn't make me a hypocrite.  It makes me a savvy worker of the system.  Don't judge, Friends.

Hey.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow, Big People.  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment