Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Living Installation Art

You can't make me leave the Lake if I'm a work of Installation Art!
Hiya, Friends!

Happy Thursday the Twenty-Fourth to you!  You know what it usually means whenever it's the Twenty-Fourth of the Month.  It usually means I'm gonna remind you of how many shoppin' months you have until it's Christmas Eve.  And I'm gonna do the same today, but I'm not gonna harp on it. 

Three.  You have three shoppin' months until Christmas Eve.

Okay.  I'd like to talk to you about a coup I tried to stage over the summer.  I wanted not to hafta come home and end my Wonderful Lake Vacation, so I decided I'd partner up with some driftwood and become a work of Living Installation Art.  Installation Art stays put where it's installed.  Its environment is just as much a part of the art as the art itself is, and that's how I feel that I truly am at the Lake.  It is in my very SOUL!

Mommy and Daddy don't listen when I tell them this.  They make me pack up my stuff after our vacation and they make me come home to the Ordinary.  I really thought they'd see my point if I made myself a work of Living Installation Art.  I really thought they'd tell me I could stay at the Lake indefinitely, or at least until it gets cold and I wanna come home.

But no.  They said I looked 'cute' in front of the driftwood and hoisted me up and carried me up to where my stuff was waiting for me to pack it and carry it out to the truck.  So much for either of them being major art appreciators. 

Cretans, is what they are, my folks.

Anyways, Friends.  At least I still have the memories of the Lake and of bein' installation art at the Lake.  It was fun while it lasted!

I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment