Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Not All Nineties Were Created Equal

If ya wanna see more of this face, keep on playin' that Ace of Bass, Old-Timer!
Well, hiya, Friends!  Happy Wednesday to ya!

As you know, I'm an avid student of musics from different decades.  There isn't a one decade I can't find some sort of musical home within, but that doesn't mean that I love all musics from all decades.

The Nineties, for example.  I'm talking about the Nineteen-Nineties.  Nothing makes me happier than hearin' some Spice Girls musics, for instance.  Namely, the one about 'tell me whatchya want, whatchya really, really want!'  I love that song!  I could dance to it all night!  Oh, and Aqua with 'Barbie Girl,' Len with 'Don't Steal My Sunshine,' the Barenaked Ladies 'Million Dollars,' and 'It's All Been Done,' the entire Metallica 'Black Album,' because this kid likes to get mean sometimes, roar... 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' by Nirvana, on accounta that changed everything... Eiffel 65's 'Blue,' because it's just so happy and danceable.

See?  I'm pretty much up for anything, music-wise.

However, if ya really wanna hafta take the wind right outta my sails, put on Ace of Bass.  Earworms.  Every song they put out.  They dig right into your ears.  I won't mention any of their titles, because if you survived the era in which that music was in heavy rotation on the radio, the mere mention of the titles will bring the song into your mind, and you'll be painfully singing it in your head for the better part of a fortnight.  In fact, I apologize in advance if mentioning this group's name brought on an onset of acute AoB Earwormage.

Not all Nineties Musics were created equal, Friends.  Take it from your pal Zoe.  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment