Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Raising Awareness for the Plight of Little Pink Flamingos Everywhere!

Quality Control happening right here, Friends!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Monday to you!

Well, as you know, I just love pink flamingos.  Almost as much as I love Little Giraffes.  That's why I recently joined the Little Pink Flamingo Coalition, so I can help Little Pink Flamingos the way I'm able to help the Little Giraffes of the Wild Steppes of Everywhere.

The first step of helping the Little Pink Flamingos is to raise awareness of their plight.  I betchya didn't even know that Little Pink Flamingos had a plight that needed awareness of raised, but they do. 

You see, Little Pink Flamingos are a misunderstood bird.  Why, even my own Daddy misunderstands Little Pink Flamingos.  My very own Daddy!  For instance, he thinks that Little Pink Flamingos exist only to annoy him.  To junk up people's yards.  He sees Little Pink Flamingos as an antagonistic species!  And this misunderstanding has led to quite a bit of animosity between the Little Pink Flamingos and people like my Daddy!

Now, people who don't like Little Pink Flamingos aren't bad people; they're just misinformed.  It's like me, when I started out as a TigerBaby chewing on Little Giraffes.  My friend Sophie La Giraffe enlightened me and set me on my current path of seeking understanding and tolerance for Little Animals everywhere.  And I'm so glad she did!  So Daddy and other people who misunderstand Little Pink Flamingos aren't bad.  They just need to be clued in.  And that's what I seek to do!

So at a recent fundraiser for the Little Pink Flamingo Coalition, we duded up a ballroom at Little Giraffe International with lotsa Little Pink Flamingo-themed decorations.  We even had DRINKING STRAWS that had Little Pink Flamingo paper-ball decorations on top of 'em, for when we served our Little Pink Flamingo Approved Root Beer Floats.  They weren't pink like Flamingos, but they were a nice shade of creamy light-brown, which looks absolutely smashing against the bright pinkness of Little Pink Flamingos!

And the take-home message of the fundraiser, besides raising funds, is that Little Pink Flamingos are just like you and me, Friends, trying to make their way in the world.  Their bright pinkness isn't meant to annoy or 'junk things up.'  On the contrary, the Little Pink Flamingos are trying to make the world a more cheerful place, one lawn at a time.  One flowerbed at a time.  They aren't trying to take over the world.  They're just trying to make the world a more cheerful place.

And that's why I just love 'em, Friends.  I love you, too!  Be kind to the Little Pink Flamingos you meet!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment