Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

"E" for Excellent Exercise Effort!

You wanna step up on your step carefully!
Hiya, Friends!  You know something?  Physical fitness is very important to me.  I think if you feel good, you can think better, and you're happier.  At least that's the way it is for me!

I've been exercising for pretty much my whole life.  I do a little bit of everything.  I lift some weights.  I do cardio and Pilates and yoga.  I love yoga!

Actually, if I were being completely honest, I'd hafta say I love it all.  I really do.

I'm not really sure how I got started in the exercising. I don't remember a time when I didn't.  When I was a baby, Mommy would bring me down to the gym while she exercised, and I'd stay in my playpen and kick my legs and flail my arms around in time to the music.  It was more strenuous than you'd think, and it was actually sort of a precursor to the Pilates workouts I do now!
Now own the step!  Stand proud, tall, and confidently!

I don't always make it down to the gym these days, but I DO make sure I move a lot every day.  I make the world my gymnasium!  I really do!  Who needs a treadmill when you can walk?  Who needs iron dumbbells when you have heavy stuff you can pick up and carry around?

When I DO get to go to the gymnasium, I have a blast, working on the equipment.  There's this thing called a BOSU, which looks like half a yoga ball, and you can either have it ball side up, or flat side up, if you're really good with crazy-good balance!  I like to jump on the ball part!  I love to push the whole yoga ball around the floor.  That's quite a workout, especially if you think about how I'm about as tall as the diameter of the yoga ball.

Make sure to stretch and relax after your exercises!
I think my favorite things right now, though, are the blue marshmallow balance mats. They're thick foam pads that I can use like a step if I want to, or I can stand on top of the mat, and it makes me wobble a little bit, so I really hafta work my little balancing muscles.  Heck, even sitting on the mat makes me have to work my core muscles.  Plus, they provide extra cushioning for my knees when I'm stretchin'!  They're something, my blue marshmallow mats. 

The most important thing I've learned about exercise is that you've gotta just show up.  That's a lot of the battle.  It's so easy for your brain to talk you out of exercising, but if you show up and just do it, you feel so great! 

That's how it works for me!

I love you, Friends!  I love you a lot!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment