Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Li'l Red Wagon!

Sabretooth and Rhoda went for a test-ride for me!
Hi, Friends!  Recently, I inherited my Mommy's Little Red Wagon from when she was a little kid.  It was all rusty, so Daddy took the old paint off and put new paint on, and made sure all the metal things holding it together were sound.  Mommy cut up an old yoga mat to put in the bottom, so I could have a slip-free, cushioned ride.  It's pretty swanky.  I like the idea of a Little Red Wagon!

Riding in the Little Red Wagon, though.  That's something to get used to.  It isn't like riding in my other things with wheels, like my stroller, or my car seat that buckles in to the car.  The wagon doesn't have things to buckle me in, and the sides don't go up very far, so at first, it felt kind of weird and scary for me, just riding along.

I wasn't sure I liked that. It freaked me out a little bit.  I'm not going to lie!

I love these two!
Lucky for me, I have good friends like Sabretooth and Rhoda.  They said they'd ride in the wagon first, and I could walk alongside them and see how safe it is, and how much fun they had.  And it did look like a lot of fun for Rhoda and Sabretooth.  It did!

They rode around and around the house in the Little Red Wagon, and I walked beside them.  I got a lot of exercise!  Every so often, they'd ask me if I wanted to ride, and I just wasn't ready yet.  You know?  Riding in a wagon is kind of a big deal.  I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't come tumbling out of it, or that it wouldn't flip over!

I wouldn't have had to worry, though.  Daddy's a great wagon driver, and a great wagon fixer-upper!  Finally, 'Tooth and Rhoda talked me in to riding in the wagon, so I got all situated on the orange yoga mat on the wagon floor, and got all comfortable, and then Daddy took me for a spin.

This kind of makes me feel like a queen!

Well, Sabretooth and Rhoda were right.  My Little Red Wagon is comfy, and it's neat to roll along, just above the ground, and see out.  My stroller is more secure, but I don't have three-hundred-sixty-degree visibility like I do in the wagon. 

I guess some day, I'll be able to pull my wagon around.  Right now, it's a little bit much for me to handle.  I mean, I COULD do it, but I'm having fun being a passenger in my wagon.  You know what I mean, Big People?  There'll be lotsa time for me to pull the wagon around.  Lotsa time.

So for now, Sabretooth, Rhoda, and I are having a great time going for rides in the wagon.  We take along other friends of ours, too.  We can fit a LOT of us in the Little Red Wagon, and you know how it is, Friends.  The more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment