Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday, Monday, Monday!

Back to doin' TPS reports on paper!  Yep!
Oh, hiya, Friends!  I know I try to be positive about Mondays and all.  I know I've said over and over again how they're just a day of the week, and if you're miserable on Mondays for the sake of Mondays, then you're automatically miserable for one seventh of your life, and that's unacceptable. 

I know I say that.

But some Mondays, things all crop up and conspire to just make you miserable.

For instance, the big, fancy computer system the company put in to make doing TPS reports easier is glitchy.  We came in today, and nobody could log in.

So now, we're having to fill out our TPS Reports in on paper, by hand, in triplicate.
I still don't even know what I'm reporting on TPS reports!

And if you mess up, you hafta go get a whole new blank report to fill out, because it's in triplicate, and even though you can use White-Out on the top sheet, your mistake is preserved for all posterity on the duplicate and triplicate copies.

Unless you send it through the Shredderator right away.  Then nobody hasta know you goofed up.  But you still hafta fill out a fresh report.

Oh, my goodness, Friends.  I still don't even really know what a TPS Report is, what it's for, what kind of information the Executives are looking for on them.  Part of me wants to believe it's something important, but just from watching the way things go around here, I can't help but think they're just busy work.  I kind of can't help but think it'd be just as useful if the Boss gave us each a boxa macaronis, had us dump it out, count the little macaroni noodles, put 'em back in the box, switch boxes of macaroni noodles with our neighbor, dump out the macaronis, count 'em up, and repeat the process.

This is my third time messin' up!  Yaaaaaaaar! Monday!!!
That seems to me it would be just as useful as TPS reports.

Sheesh.  I hope some Executive isn't reading this right now.  I don't want 'em thinking I'm management material or anything.  No way, no how! 

That's how it works around here.  One day, I was commenting on the backup at the Parking Structure, and I got appointed Traffic Reporter.  Most of the time there's no traffic to report on!  How frustrating do you think it is, to be a traffic reporter with no traffic to report?  Especially on a Monday!!!

Boy, howdy, am I ever having a Monday.  I'm having a Monday, trumped up on a whole case of Monday Mooderator.  You know, that Monday feeling where you're just like "here we go again, Monday!"

Hopefully, I can regroup at naptime and be sparkly tomorrow.  I sure hope so, Friends!  But I just boogered up my third TPS report, so I'm heading to the Shredderator and to get a fresh blank TPS Report Paper.  I sure hope the Big Fancy Computers are fixed soon!

Is it like this at YOUR jobs, Friends?!  Anyway, I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment