Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Moon, Moon

I think the moon rocks!
Hiya, Friends! 

You know, I just can't get enough of looking at the moon.  It's so fascinating.  Sometimes, it's just a little sliver in the sky, other times, it's a giant circle!  It can be kind of yellow, and it can be bright white.

I think of the moon as a friend in my head.  If I see the moon when I get up in the morning, I know I'm gonna have a great day.  If I see the moon before I go to bed, I know I'm gonna have great dreams. 

What really gets me about the moon is that it's always there, no matter where I am.  It's in the sky when I'm at my house, or when I'm even in a different state.  Why, recently I traveled with my Mommy and Daddy to the State of Ohio, and I'll be darned if I didn't look up in the sky, and there it was!  A perfect half-moon!

I'd like to be the first toddler on the moon!
It was like seeing an old friend, you know what I'm saying, Friends?  I mean, here I was, in practically a foreign country where they let you drive seventy miles an hour on their four-lanes, and I looked up, and there was the very same moon I can see at my very own house!

If I could do anything I wanted to, I mean really, and not in the way where my parents tell me I can do anything I set my mind to because they're my parents and they hafta tell me that, why, I'd hop in a rocket-ship and go visit the moon in person.  I really would.  I'd hop in that rocket-ship, fly it to the moon, and say 'Hiya!' right to the moon's face.  I'd also take a deck of playing cards with me, so the moon and I could play Old Maid.  We would not play Hearts, because I think the moon would take umbrage with me trying to shoot the moon. 

Think about it.

For now, though, I guess I'll hafta be content with visiting with the moon, long-distance, through my window.  I keep putting "rocket-ship" on my wish lists, and so far, it just hasn't come through for me.  Maybe I'll hafta check on ebay. Anyway, Friends, I love ya!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment