Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Julius and the Wild West Bananza!

I wouldn't fit in, in Plainsville!
Hiya, Friends!  I've been readin' a book called Julius and the Wild West Bananza.  I love Julius books.  Julius really inspires me.  I might have mentioned Julius to you before, I might not have.  I can't remember.  The important thing is that Julius is some good readin'. 

So anyway, in Julius and the Wild West Bananza, Julius is sheriff in Plainsville, a town where everybody dresses just like him.  They eat what he eats.  They wear the brims on their hats the same way Julius does.  Everybody does everything the way Sheriff Julius does, and that's that, until one day, a train full of bananas wrecks, and instead of the spaghetti Sheriff Julius usually orders, he decides to get BANANA PANCAKES! instead!  Just for a change!

Well, if that action doesn't just send Plainsville slip-sliding into chaos!  Somebody decides to untuck his pant legs from the tops of his boots.  Just to be different.  People don't like it. 

And then, somebody else decides to flip their hat-brim UP instead of down, which was the way Julius and everybody else in town had worn their brims.  This leads to even MORE chaos!  Folks start wearing completely different kinds of hats!  They put on shoes that aren't cowboy boots!

Hey, look!  They're bein' DIFFERENT!
They get worried that Julius is gonna get mad because everybody's doing stuff different from the way he does it.  But guess what! 

Guess!

Oh, Friends, is this ever a kicker right here!  Is this ever a kicker!

Sheriff Julius LOVES it that people are doing their own thing, ordering what they wanna eat, wearing the clothes they wanna wear!  He thinks it's GREAT!

As it turns out, he never wanted the whole town to do everything he did, the way he did it. He never expected that at all!  They all just copied him because he was the Sheriff and they wanted him to like them!
I think I could really like a place like Bananza!

So after everybody in Plainsville started doing their own thing, dressing their own ways, eating the foods they wanted to eat, they decided to change the name of the town to Bananza, where they keep it real underneath the peel!  I love that!  Keepin' it real underneath the peel!

Bananza is a lot more interesting than Plainsville was.  

I just love the message of that book, Friends!  I just love how it says to be yourself, because variety is the spice of life.  That's how I like to roll, too.  I like to do my own thing.  I don't want my friends to do my thing.  I want 'em to do their own thing, and we can still be friends, even if we don't dress alike or like the same foods! 

Why, being different from each other is what gives us something to talk about!  That's how I see things, anyway!

I might not be from Bananza, but here's to keepin' it real underneath the peel, Friends!  I love ya!  Be yourselves!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment