Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

One False Keystroke!

Boyo boy.  I don't think the computer glitches are worked out all the way yet!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, wanna know how I can tell it's Monday?  Wanna hear? 

I know it's Monday, because they've got the computers back up and running that we're supposed to enter in our TPS Reports on, so we don't have to fill 'em out in triplicate by hand, anymore.  See, we got the computers, and they said the office was goin' paperless, and then the computers broke, and we had to go back to paper TPS Reports. 

Oh, it's gone.  It's really, really gone.
Back to why I know it's Monday.  Boy, oh boy. 

Like I mentioned, we had the computers, and then they broke again, and now we have 'em back again!  We all thought, 'Hooray!  Now we don't hafta do our TPS Reports by hand anymore again!'

And then it happened.  One false keystroke, and my whole morning's work went into the ether somewhere in cyberspace.

Computers.

So I tried shutting down the TPS Report program, re-booting it, searching through my rescue documents, searching my backups, and guess what happened. 

Nothing. 

All that work's gone.  It's really, really gone. 

When ya can't do your work at work, go for donuts!
Now, there's a coupla ways I can handle this.  I could cry and throw some things around, maybe even my computer.  I could send a yellsy voicemail to the IT fellas, but that just makes 'em come up here slower, and besides, I called the Help Desk already, and they're swamped, because EVERYBODY'S TPS Reports program crashed and took their work with it, so I just asked 'em at the Help Desk where I am on the queue, and I'm somewhere up in the fifties.  So I won't be the first to get my computer fixed, but I'm not the last one, either.  I'm towardser the first than I am the last. 

So here's what I'm gonna do about this.  There's nothing I can do to fix things myself, so I'm going to the donut shop.  I'm gonna have me a donut or two, and a bambinoccino.  Then I'm gonna bring a coupla boxes of donuts for the IT guys.  I'm guessing they're gonna have a bad day today, and at least when they get to my computer to fix it, they can have some donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment