Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Hallowheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

Happy Halloween!
Friends, here we are.  It's Halloween, and I just can't help but say "wheeeeeeeeeee!"  I'm so excited.  I get to dress up in a costume.  I'm going to be Pebbles Flintstone, you know, from the vitamins, but here's the twist: Not only am I gonna be Pebbles Flintstone, from the vitamins, I'm gonna be Pebbles, all dressed up in a Sabretooth Tiger costume.  From Bedrock.  Not Sabretooth from the Sabres.  He said I could, but I said I wanted to keep hockey out of my Halloween.

Well, he's been watching the games this season, so he understood!

Back to my Halloween plans! I'm dressin' up, and this year Mommy AND Daddy are dressin' up!  Rozzie, too.  Rozzie's going to be Dino.  From the Flintstones.  Not my Chief of Transportation Dean O.  It's confusing, but try to keep up.  Rozzie's gonna be Dino the dinosaur dressed up like a white German shepherd dog!  How about that?!  Mommy suggested purple Manic Panic and black spots for Rozzie, and Rozzie said 'Don't even think about it!' So Rozzie's costume is high-concept this year.  To the uninitiated, it'll look like she isn't even dressed up at all, but in the context of the rest of us, she'll fit right in.

We're all dressin' up and trick-or-treating!
Now, dressing up in a costume is nothing new for me. I've been dressing up for Halloween my whole life!  The first year, I was a pink piglet!  But I didn't get to go trick-or-treating.  I remember I got to go to the vet's to take Rozzie for her bath.  Rozzie was mad that she had to get a bath, and I was mad that all I was allowed to have was Similac, but it was still fun to go into the vet's and say hi to everybody, dressed up like a piglet!

Last year, I was a piglet again, because my piglet costume from my first Halloween was so big I could get away with wearin' it two years in a row!  Last year was more fun.  I got to go around to a coupla places.  Grand parents.  Great-grandparents.  I got a little candy.  I got a fancy cupcake!

Oh, wow, do I ever love cupcakes!  I'd tell ya more about how much I love cupcakes, but people think I have a problem with cupcakes when I talk about 'em so much, so I've been trying to curb my enthusiasm.  But in my head, I'm thinking of the cake, and the icing, and the sprinkles.  OH MY GOODNESS, I LOVE SPRINKLES!

Anyway, last year, Mommy stayed home and handed out Smiley Cookies to our trick-or-treaters.  We don't get many trick-or-treaters.  Plus, we were right in the middle of a big storm.  Do you remember that, Friends?  It was a superstorm!  I remember the wind was blowing and it was thundering and lightninging and snowing and just acting awful outside!  And we didn't even get the worst of that superstorm! 
I hope I see the Great Pumpkin!

Plus, we had yellowjackets taking over our house!  Now THAT was a scary thing!

This year, though, I'm really excited.  I get to dress up, and my whole family's dressing up with me.  I'm not going on a big Trick-or-Treat Expedition.  Just around to all my grandparents and great-grandparents.  Daddy's office.  I don't really care much about the candy.  Don't get me wrong.  I like candy.  But for me, it's gonna be fun dressing up in my costume-within-a-costume, and spreading the Halloween spirit, maybe meeting the Great Pumpkin, and being out and about with my whole family. 

I'll have pictures of us, day after tomorrow, okay, Big People? 

In the meantime, have a Happy Halloween!  Wheeeeeeeeeee!

I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment