Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Boating School

Step aside, SpongeBob!  This kid's gonna show you how to ACE boating school!
Hiya, Friends!  I know it seems like I'm obsessing about the Lake and all things related to vacation this week, and that's not far from the truth.  Thing of it is, my week at the Lake every year has been a highlight of my whole entire year for both the years I've gotten to spend weeks up at the Lake.

So anyway, this past trip up to the Lake, we had a very rainy day one of the days, and I inquired into the possibility of me watching a little show on the television.  The show I chose was SpongeBob SquarePants.  I'd never seen SBSP before, but I quickly learned that as sponges go, as enthusiastic an employee of the Krusty Krab that SpongeBob is, he is also a lousy driver and has been in Boating School for ages, much to the chagrin of his Boating School Teacher, Mrs. Puff.

Oh, I fell asleep again on the boat.  It happens to me every time!
It got me to wondering just how hard it can really be to boat?  Has SpongeBob been trying all these years to be so bad at boating?  You'd almost think so, with the way it looks as though he puts so much effort into boating badly. 

So the next sunny day at the Lake, when we could go out on the boat, I decided I'd try my hand at boating, to show up a cartoon character I've never met and likely never will.  We all take satisfaction in that sort of thing, don't we?  Being better at things than complete and total strangers are?

Then I learned what my major boating downfall is.  Every time... I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME I would go for a ride on the boat, I'd end up falling asleep before I even had a chance to get 'er out into open waters.  I'm not certain just exactly what would get me every time.  Maybe it was the warm sun.  Maybe it was the drone of the engine.  Maybe it was because I was just so happy and relaxed to be on a boat with all my Favorites.  But every time, after just a few minutes out on the boat, off I'd go to Dreamland.

What would I dream about, you ask?  You won't believe it: I dreamed I was driving a boat like a champ!

That's it for today, Big People!  Hey.  It's Friday, and if ya wanna celebrate it Zoe-style, take a nap today and dream that we're driving boats together in some big regatta.  It'll be fun!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment